The Faison Museum, 106 Park Circle, Faison, NC 28341
Hours of Operation: Mon, Wed, Thur & Fri 2:00 - 4:00 PM
CLOSED on Tue, Sat & Sun
Contact: Faison Town Hall at (910) 267-2721
FOUNDING OF THE TOWN OF FAISON AND THE MUSEUM
Faison, North Carolina was founded in 1776 and its history dates back to an early settlement in 1733. The Town of Faison is located about 60 miles East of Raleigh at Exit 355, off Interstate 40. The museum is conveniently located for travelers, as it is only about 3 miles from the I40 exit. The Faison Museum is co-located with the Faison Library in the old Faison Depot Train Station
The Faison Depot station dates back before 1890 when the Wilmington to Weldon railroad was built. Faison Depot, as the town was known at that time, became a center of commerce and a major shipping point for agricultural products sent by rail to Northern cities.
The "Faison Depot" railway station was moved to the Faison Park in 1979. In the Park, it is adjacent to the "Wellness Center", which serves as a "community center" and "event center" and the annual Market Day Festival held in October. The special location of such a historic building and museum makes it a convenient destination for locals, as well, as those from outside of the Faison area, who are interested in North Carolina's early history.