1733 - The area that eventually became Faison was first settled around 1733. Early settlers included Faison, Hicks, Hill, Oates (in 1740)
1776 - Henry Faison purchased a 975 acre tract of land, on July 2, 1776, that would later become the Town of Faison
1790 - Faison Cemetery
1793 - Union Church operated from 1793-1888 and its congregation included Episcopalians, Methodist, Presbyterians, and Baptist
1835 - The William Wright House house was built.
18xx - The Elias Faison House was built.
1838 - Wilmington and Raleigh Railroad tracks connected through Faison's Depot parallel to the stage coach road. In 1840, the rail was completed an the 161.25 miles of rail was the longest railroad in the world, at that time.
1853 - Isham Faison House "Liberty Hall" was built.
1854 - Wilmington and Weldon Railroad
1857 - Isham R. Faison House was built. -
1861-65 Civil War. In 1865, Sherman's army stayed in the Isham R. Faison House during its march through the South.
1872 - Town of Faison was Chartered on February 10, 1872.
1888 - Faison Depot Train Station
188x-1923 The Faison Male Academy was founded in the late 19th century and operated until early 1900's.
1923-1955 - Faison School operated (bldg. demolished in 1774)
1935 - Cates Pickle Company was founded by Charles F Cates and Sons
1945 - The Faison Fruit & Vegetable Exchange was formed. The downtown produce market moved outside of town on Hwy 403.
1955 - North Duplin School was formed by Calypso and Faison about 5 miles east of Faison on Hwy 403